As a Community School the Admissions process at Franciscan Primary School follow those of the Wandsworth Borough Council.
OPEN DAYS for September 2018 Admissions
We hold several Open Mornings each year. The next is on Tuesday 10th October 2017
10th Oct – 9.15am
18th Oct- 10.45am
7th Nov – 9.15am
16th Nov- 9.15am
Please contact the school office if you would be interested in coming to one of our open days.
Please note that you need to apply for a Reception place through Wandsworth Council, even if you have siblings, or your child has a Nursery place at the school. The deadline for Reception Admissions, for September 2018 is January 2018 (exact date tbc). Please apply online on Wandsworth's website: http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/200471/primary_school_admissions
SPACES still available for September 2017!
If you wish to apply for a Reception place for this September's intake, please contact Wandsworth Pupil Services on 0208 871 7316.
The following information is taken from the Choosing Nursery Education in Wandsworth booklet.
Franciscan Primary School Nursery and Reception spaces are subject to a priority area. Children living in the areas are given priority over those living elsewhere. However living in a priority area does not guarantee a place at the school. This will depend on the demand for places from people living in the priority area in a particular year. Parents are advised to apply to other schools as well, in case their application is unsuccessful.
Admission criteria for Franciscan Primary school places are offered in the following order:
- Children looked after, or who have an allocated social worker who has provided written support of the application or children who are the subject of adoption, residence order, child arrangements order or special guardianship order who were previously looked after by a Local Authority.
- Children who are recommended for a place at that school following an action plan agreed by a multidisciplinary group (for example TAC).
- Children living inside the priority area with a brother or sister who will still be at the school in September 2018.
- Other children living inside the priority area in order of distance from home to the school in a straight line.
- Other children living outside the priority area with a brother or sister who will still be at the school in September 2018.
- Children who live nearest to the school as measured by a straight line from home to school as calculated by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.
The Director of Education and Social Services has discretion to give higher priority where:
- A parent or guardian provides professionally supported evidence at the time of application that their child has an acute medical or personal need for a place.
- Refusal of a place would result in an unreasonable journey to an alternative school.
Applications within any of the above categories will be considered in order of distance from home to school as measured by a straight line by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.
Limited places still available for September 2017 intake! Please apply to the school directly using the Application form below.
We also offer places to start in January 2018, subject to the intake in September.
All Nursery applications, for September 2018 intake, are to be submitted to school by February 2018 (exact date tbc).
Parents can apply for full time or part time places subject to availability.
For part time, parents can choose from either 5 morning sessions or 5 afternoon sessions or 2 and half days. A morning part-time place is from 8.55am to 11.55am. An afternoon session is from 12.15pm to 3.15pm.
30 and 15 Hour Entitlement
From September 2017, as part of the government’s manifesto, working parents of 3 and 4 year olds will receive a total of 30 hours of funded childcare a week, for 38 weeks a year. This will comprise of:-
- The universal 15 hours that will still be available for all 3 and 4 year olds.
- An additional 15 hour entitlement for working families.
These funded places are available from the term following the child’s third birthday.
For more information please click on the link Funding
Nursery Top Up
For the 2017-18 academic year, for those parents who are not entitled to the extra 15 hours, the school is also able to offer parents the option to pay to top up their child’s part time place to a full time place.
For more information, please click on the link Top Up
In Year Admissions
If you are moving into the area, you have arrived from another country or you want to transfer your child to another school, then please feel free to contact us to arrange a visit. If you wish to apply for a place in the school, applications must be made directly with Wandsworth Council.